At ENLIGHTENED, we understand that many people (including team members here at the office!) have dietary restrictions that they need to take into consideration. While we strive to provide customers with healthy snack options, we want to ensure that you're able to easily identify what may or may not be right for your diet! Below are some key terms you will find on a number of our products, whether they be our Roasted Broad Bean Crisps, Marshmallow Treats, or Ice Cream.
- Non-GMO Verified (Crisps) - The Non-GMO Project is a third party, non-profit organization that labels products as non-GMO (genetically modified organism). The Non-GMO Project helps support the “informed choice” for consumers to decide what foods they want to purchase. The project also supports education about GMOs in the food industry and aids to increase awareness of GMOs and “their impact on our health and food systems” According to the Non-GMO Project, “One of the inherent risks of genetically modified crops and food items is that they contaminate non-GMO crops and foods through cross-pollination and/or contamination.” http://www.nongmoproject.org/about/
- Vegan (Crisps) - There are no animal products (including dairy, honey, eggs, or meat) in our Crisps.
- Gluten-Free (Crisps) - There is no wheat ingredient used in the making of our product, meaning it is safe for those with Celiac or those who wish to follow a gluten-free diet.
- Kosher - The products are processed in accordance with the Jewish religion's food standards for preparation and consumption.
- No Soy - There are no soy-based ingredients in the making of the product.
What's your favorite healthy recipe? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.