Soup is the Comfort Food of Fall
And you can even serve it in a pumpkin, how cool is that?!
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 macintosh (or similar apple), diced
- 1 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups butternut squash
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil, melted
- Sea Salt Crisps
- One small pumpkin, top cut off and seeds scooped out (the pumpkin should be about the size of a round loaf of bread)
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- (If using the pumpkin bowl) Coat the inside of the pumpkin (and the underside of the pumpkin's top) with coconut oil. Bake the pumpkin hole side up (with the top off the pumpkin - but also place it on the baking sheet) and bake it for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove the top from the oven and flip the pumpkin so the hole is facing down. Bake an additional 15 or until the pumpkin is tender but still firm.
- In the mean time.. coat the apples in 1 tsp of melted coconut oil, toss with salt and pepper, and roast in the oven on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes (or until cooked).
- In a large sauce pan, sautee onions in 1 tbs of coconut oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add onions, apples, broth and squash to a blender, puree until smooth.
- Add the puree back to the pot and bring to a simmer so that the soup is hot. (Add additional broth if you want your soup thinner.) Serve in the pumpkin bowl if using and top with Crisps!
← Older Post
Newer Post →