Delicious little bite-sized ice cream pies
Chocolate crusts and creamy ice cream are a magical combination!
THE BEST PART
It's a high protein snack! Eat three mini pies and you get a 150 calorie snack with an amazing 9 grams of protein.
Squarebar is an awesome company that donates a portion of their profits to a non-profit called NOT FOR SALE. It's a project that fights human trafficking and also helps people "transition back into society and succeed in the home, classroom or workplace".
More information on NOT FOR SALE at Squarebar.com.
USDA Organic & Non-GMO Project Verified
12g of Complete Plant Protein (Sprouted & Whole Grain)
Gluten-Free Certified, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free,
Made with Coconut Nectar (same glycemic index as an apple)
No Added "Natural Flavors"
Ingredients:(makes 12 bite-sized pies) *for this recipe you also need one mini cupcake tin
- 2 Enlightened Ice Cream Bars (we used Mint Fudge Swirl!)
- 2 SquareBars (we used Chocolate Coated Crunch!)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Mint Fudge Swirl Ice Cream with Chocolate Coated Crunch Squarebar
- Fudge Ice Cream with Chocolate Coated Mint Squarebar
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Chocolate Coated Cherry Squarebar
- Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream with Chocolate Coated Coconut Squarebar
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream with Chocolate Coated Coconut Squarebar
- Coffee Ice Cream with Chocolate Coated Crunch Squarebar
- Toasted Almond Ice Cream with Chocolate Coated Almond Spice Squarebar
- Break up the Squarebars into a few pieces and add them to a small sauce pan with the coconut oil. Stir over medium-low heat until it all melts together.
- Add a 1/2-1 tsp scoop of melted square bar into each cup of a mini muffin tin, then flatten them down with a spoon and place the entire tray in the freezer.
- Remove the ice cream bars from the freezer and allow them to soften. Once they are soft (but not melted!) cut them into small pieces.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and add a piece of the ice cream bars on top of each crust.
- As the ice cream melts on top of the crust, flatten the ice cream so the top is smoothed out, then add the tray back to the freezer!
- When the ice cream is firm (about 30 minutes), use a knife to loosen the pie from its cup. If the crust won't come out, fill a large baking dish (or any large tray with an edge) with warm water, then place the entire tray on top of the warm water for a minute or so (not too long!!) - the crust should loosen and the pie should pop right out! Work quickly to remove each pie from the tray and place on a plate, then immediately place them in the freezer!
- Keep an extras in an airtight container in the freezer, enjoy!
Visit squarebar.com to find order your Squarebars or to find a store that sells them near you!
What's your favorite healthy recipe? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.