If you're looking for an easy, healthy lunch for your kids that will also win their hearts, look no further than Peanut Butter and Jelly. That combination is as old as time, and it's very hard to improve, but we found a way! Roll it, cut it, and offer it up as PB&J Sushi! With the right ingredients, this lunch is delicious, healthy and so fun to eat! You can even use a Bento Box to pack it for full effect.
This healthy recipe is dead simple. Crush your ENLIGHTENED Sea Salt Roasted Broad Beans and mix in with your peanut butter to create the most delicious combination of salty, crunchy, peanut-buttery goodness. After flattening your bread thin, just spread this combo and add a thin layer of your favorite jam or jelly before rolling!
Then just cut it into sushi pieces for ultimate effect!
Get ready for your kids to LOVE their lunch!
- 1 piece of soft whole wheat bread
- 1-2 tbsp. creamy and unsalted peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp. Sea Salt Crisps, crushed
- 1 tbsp. homemade or store bought jam (grape or berry flavor)
- Flatten your piece of bread so that it becomes super thin and even in thickness.
- In a small bowl, stir the crushed Crisps into the peanut butter.
- Spread the now “crunchy and salted” peanut butter over the flatten slice of bread.
- Spoon jam on top of the peanut butter and spread evenly.
- Roll the bread up tightly like a wrap.
- Slice into little bite-sized sushi pieces!
What's your favorite healthy pancake recipe? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.