A protein-packed cookie recipe you can use two ways!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
A sweet classic.. with an extra serving of protein!
Take the raw dough and make cookie dough bites, or bake it into thick cookie bars!
It's love at first bite!
It's the best of both worlds, cookies and healthy ingredients.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3 oz sea salt crisps, slightly crushed
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 2 tbs ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or chunks like we used!)
- coconut oil, for greasing (if making bars, not bites)
- Mix oats, protein powder, crisps, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt
- In a separate bowl combine almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla
- Stir in chocolate chunks
- For Bites:
- Roll into bite sized balls
- Refrigerate any extras!
- For Bars:
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease a baking dish with coconut oil
- Press batter into the dish so that the top is level (helpful hint: scoop the batter into the dish, then place a piece of parchment paper onto the top of the batter , then press down on the parchment paper to spread it evenly! It works great!)
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool completely, then cut into bars!
- Refrigerate any leftovers
- For Bites:
Amazing recipe inspiration from Running with Spoons