The unofficial end of summer 🌞 is here, but that doesn’t mean you have to pack up your favorite warm weather staples just yet. We’ve got a real treat for you to celebrate the end of the season - an all-out, red, white and blue sundae that’s easy for hosts to whip up for guests or simply for you to treat yo’self. Who needs a bowl when you can use chocolate instead? 😇
This recipe utilizes some things you may (or may not) have lying around the house. But hey, if you have to buy a pack of balloons you can use the rest for a water balloon fight!
And of course, once your bowl(s) are ready, be sure to fill them up with your favorite flavor of ENLIGHTENED ice cream 🍦. We’ve chosen Frozen Hot Cocoa as our go-to. Those marshmallow swirls really do the trick!
Watch the full video below for the step by step process.
- White Chocolate Baking Chips
- Cooking Spray
- Red, white & blue sprinkles
- ENLIGHTENED Frozen Hot Cocoa ice cream (or another of your favorite flavor)
- Whipped Cream
- Wash and dry your balloons.
- Blow up as many as you need so that they will fit into your dipping bowl.
- Melt the chocolate (according to package instructions) in a small dipping bowl, and spray the bottom of your balloon with a little cooking spray.
- Dip the balloons into the melted chocolate and then promptly dip them into your bowl of sprinkles.
- Set aside on parchment paper and allow the chocolate to harden for at least one hour.
- Using scissors, carefully cut the top off the balloon to release the air and pull the balloon away from the bowl.
- Fill the chocolate bowls with ice cream and top with whipped cream. Enjoy!