You guys already know that Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year, and now that we're easing towards the end of it and dipping our toes into the holiday season (but we're not there yet, so calm down with the decorations department stores,) we're surrounded by all things pumpkin. I absolutely adore pumpkin pie, but honestly it's also one of those delicious foods that I can only have so much of because it's usually so rich. That's what makes this healthy recipe so amazing! The saltiness of the crust combines with the decadence of the filling to make the perfect healthy treat, and best yet, you can eat it with your hands!
Taken from another one of our amazing healthy recipes (Mini Apple Crisps), our ENLIGHTENED Sea Salt Roasted Broad Bean Crisps make the perfect crust for these pumpkin squares. A quick trip to your local Whole Foods is all it takes to get the perfect ingredients for a healthy filling, then you're off to the oven!
- Homemade Healthy Crust
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare the pie crust, then bake according to instructions.
- Combine all other ingredients, then pour on top of pre-baked pie crust.
- Bake the pie at 400 for 20 minutes, then 350 for 40 more minutes.
- Let cool an additional 20 minutes, then slice into squares.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.. if there are any left ;)
What's your favorite healthy pancake recipe? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.