Sea Salt Pumpkin Muffins
Happy Labor Day! As it's now the unofficial start of Fall, we're excited for ALL THINGS PUMPKIN! Of course, eating deliciousness all Autumn doesn't mean sacrificing health, and these salty and sweet pumpkin muffins are the perfect healthy recipe!
Decadent chocolate chips swirled into pumpkin puree and honey (or maple syrup) creates a luxurious base. We like to use coconut oil to up the healthiness quotient a bit while maintaining the perfect texture.
Once scooped into a metal or silicon muffin tin (we prefer silicon), just crumble our ENLIGHTENED Sea Salt Roasted Broad Bean Crisps on top for the perfect snap and salty goodness. Once baked, these muffins are the perfect combination of silky and crunchy! Delicious.
The perfect introduction to the Fall Season!
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Pinch salt
- Crushed Sea Salt Crisps, for topping
- Combine all ingredients (except Crisps).
- Grease a silicone mini muffin tin or add liners to a metal mini muffin tin.
- Fill each tin with batter until it’s just about full.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with crushed Crisps.
- Bake 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
What's your favorite healthy pancake recipe? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.