As a fan of College Football, I've been spending my Saturdays either at a tailgate or screaming at my TV with some of my closest friends, and as we get closer to Rivalry Weekend (aka Thanksgiving, for those non-football-fans out there,) I've been constantly on the lookout for game-watching snacks that are packed with flavor and healthy. I think I've found the perfect one in these Game Day Healthy Potato Skins!
Combining the rich flavors of sweet potato with the freshness of greek yogurt, veggies and lime juice creates such a wonderfully bright taste. Sprinkle in some of our ENLIGHTENED Sriracha Roasted Broad Bean Crisps and you've got the perfect kick and a wonderful texture that all of your sports buddies are sure to love!
This healthy recipe is sure to be a TOUCHDOWN! (Okay, I'm sorry for that.)
- 1 whole sweet potato
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- ENLIGHTENED Sriracha Crisps
- Shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Avocado or guacamole
- Shredded lettuce or salad greens
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Cilantro, optional
- Jalapeno slices, optional
- Olive slices, optional
- Red onion, optional
- Salt and pepper
- Cut your sweet potato into even ¼” thick slices.
- Spray both sides of the sweet potato with cooking spray, then sprinkle each potato slice with salt and pepper.
- Roast the slices in a pan in the oven, or an a wire rack of a toaster oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until firm and slightly crisp.
- Now layer on the toppings - start with lettuce and cheese then add guacamole, Crisps, and jalapeños (add red onion, and olives if using), then finish with a dab of sour cream, a squeeze of lime, and a sprinkle of cilantro!