If you guys are anything like me, you're completely obsessed with the combination of rich, decadent chocolate and smooth creaminess of peanut butter. This super easy healthy dessert takes these two amazing ingredients and throws in the perfect twist - ENLIGHTENED Triple Chocolate Ice Cream!
If you've got a working freezer and a little bit of patience, you'll be rewarded with these creamy, flavorful little ice cream cups! Once your peanut butter chips have been melted and frozen into the bottom of the cupcake tin, it's time to add the chocolate ice cream!
We love to make these healthy treats the night before a dinner party, and with the holidays right around the corner, you might as well practice once or twice (which is obviously for the benefit of your future guests....not just so you can eat batches of these....right?)
Now just remember to share!
- ½ cup of peanut butter chips
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ENLIGHTENED Triple Chocolate Pint
- Coconut oil cooking spray (or regular coconut oil)
- Mini muffin tin
- Add coconut oil and peanut butter chips to a small, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 25 seconds, then stir. Keep heating and stirring the chips at small intervals of 10 seconds until the chips are completely melted.
- Spray coconut oil in the mini muffin tin to grease it.
- Add the melted peanut butter chips to the mini muffin tin, filling each cup halfway up (Just fill as many as you can do). Place the entire tin (make sure it’s level!) in your freezer.
- Let the cups freeze for 45 minutes, or until completely frozen.
- Soften your ice cream - take your pint out for 5-10 minutes, then scoop about 1 serving into a bowl. Stir the ice cream in the bowl until it is melted and liquidy.
- Remove the muffin tin from the freezer, then pour the liquidy ice cream on top of each peanut butter cup to fill the muffin tin.
- Again, let the cups freeze for 45 minutes, or until completely frozen.
- To remove them from the tin, let them soften slightly and scoop them out with a plastic knife. Enjoy!
What's your favorite healthy pancake recipe? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.