You can't have the holidays without cookies!
These classic sugar cookies are even great any time of year!
They actually look like giant Crisps!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Sea Salt Crisps, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, Crisps)
- Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl (butter, egg, milk)
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients with the dry just until combined
- Lay out a few sheets of wax paper, scoop some of the dough onto each sheet, then roll the dough (like sushi) into logs
- Refrigerate the logs at least 2 hours (or overnight)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Remove the dough from the fridge, the cut the logs into 1/4 inch cookies
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom
- Let cool completely, then frost and decorate!
Thanks Food Network for the great Sugar Cookie Recipe!
What's your favorite healthy recipe? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.