Luscious Bites of Creamy, Salty, Rich Pumpkin Pie
High in protein & Low in sugar
Do you want a bite?
Who knew making pie could be this healthy?
Ingredients:(makes 20 bites) For the "pumpkin pie":
- 4 oz Sea Salt Crisps
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, optional
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Add Crisps to a food processor or high-powered blender and pulse until they become a fine powder
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the Crisps and blend until combined (or mix with a spoon until combined)
- Line a tray or large plate with wax paper
- Roll the pumpkin pie mixture into small balls and place on the wax paper, refrigerate for one hour (or until cool and firm)
- When the balls are set, add the chocolate and coconut oil to a small sauce pan and melt over low heat just until combined
- For chocolate covered bites: One at a time, place each ball into the chocolate and roll around in using a spoon until it is fully covered in chocolate. Remove the bite with the spoon and place it back on the wax paper.
- For chocolate drizzled bites: Using a spoon, scoop up a small amount of chocolate and drizzle it over the bites (leaving them on the wax paper)
- Place the chocolate covered bites and chocolate drizzled bites back into the refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened (about 30 minutes)
- Refrigerate or freeze any extra bites (and be sure to share with your friends, if you don't eat them all first!!)
What's your favorite healthy recipe? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.