A good for you Chocolate Cream Pie recipe exists and you are going to want to try it. This recipe is absolutely delicious and involves pie, so there is pretty much no reason not to try it!!
First thing you need to know about these pies is that they contain creamy rich Triple Chocolate ice cream. Second, the chia seeds and greek yogurt used in the recipe add a boost of nutrition that makes it a healthier option for those that crave sweet treats but don't want to consume a lot of sugar.
When the chia seeds and melted ice cream are combined they create a pudding like consistency, much like the texture of traditional chocolate cream pie. The greek yogurt is also a great cool whip replacement and contains probiotics and protein!
Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top and you'll have the cutest little chocolate cream pies in town. This recipe makes two pies, perfect for you and a friend!!
- ¼ cup Enlightened Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3 tbsp. Chia seeds
- 2 mini pie crusts
- Greek yogurt
- Mini chocolate chips
- Add ice cream to a microwave safe bowl, warm until melted (about 30 seconds).
- Mix in chia seeds, then wait at least 5 minutes until they soak up the liquid.
- Fill your pie crusts with the chia seeds.
- Add a scoop of yogurt, then sprinkle with chocolate chips!
What's your favorite healthy pancake recipe? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.