Are You Ready for Cheesy BBQ Bliss?
Prepare to have a new favorite recipe!
Talk about drool-worthy!
Ingredients:(makes 8 servings) Miscellaneous:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- sea salt (for pasta water)
- 2-3.5 ounces of Mesquite BBQ Crisps, crushed
- 2 - 8 ounce packages of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (or more) almond milk - or cow's milk
- 4 tbs butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the macaroni by generously salting a large pot filled with water, then boil pasta until al dente (or according to package instructions). Drain the pasta (do not rinse!) and place in a large baking dish.
- Make the cheese sauce by melting the butter in a medium pot over medium-low heat, add a splash of milk then a handful of cheese. Stir so the cheese melts evenly, then continue to add more milk and cheese until all the cheese is melted. (Add more milk if the cheese become too thick.)
- Once the cheese sauce is done, pour it over the macaroni in the baking dish. Toss it all together so that the pasta is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the crushed Crisps evenly over the top of the mac n' cheese.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes and bake until everything is melted together.
- Serve immediately!
What's your favorite healthy recipe? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.