Sweet and Creamy Ice Cream Cake meets Fluffy Sponge Cake
It's a dessert that's super high in protein!
(ENLIGHTENED Ice Cream + Protein Powder in THE CAKE)
It's not quite an ice cream cake, but this cake absolutely loves ENLIGHTENED Sea Salt Caramel ice cream bars.
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour (or grind your own oats in the food processor to make oat flour)
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 c vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 c vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted (plus a little more for greasing)
- rainbow sprinkles
- 3 ENLIGHTENED Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Mix the oat flour, protein powder, and baking soda in a bowl. In another bowl combine the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Grease two round cake pans with some extra coconut oil, then pour half of the batter into each pan. Sprinkle the tops of each cake with rainbow sprinkles.
- Bake for about 25-30 mins, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Clean one cake pan to be used to hold the ice cream cake.
- When the cake has cooled, remove the ice cream bars from the freezer and let them soften in a bowl. Remove the sticks and when the consistency has changed to "soft serve ice cream" you are ready to build your ice cream cake.
- Working quickly so the ice cream does not melt too much, place one cake (sprinkle side up) in one of the clean cake pans. Top the cake with the softened ice cream, then top the ice cream with the remaining cake (sprinkle side up).
- Most of the ice cream will melt into the cake, and you have a super delicious ice cream "spoon cake"! But remember to IMMEDIATELY place in the freezer after cutting any pieces!
Recipe inspiration from Designer Whey