@NYCfitfam’s Sweet Swolemate Brownies
How do you celebrate Valentine's Day with your #swolemate? Fit couple @NYCfitfam made these heavenly chocolate heart brownies using protein powder and garbanzo beans instead of sugar and flour. We especially like the pocket on top that’s just BEGGING for a scoop of ENLIGHTENED ice cream!
Want to sweeten up your own Valentine’s Day? On Feb 14, Enter @NYCfitfam's Swolemates #GIVEAWAY on Instagram for a chance to win each of the SEVEN NEW FLAVORS of Enlightened to share with the one you love (or keep all to yourself… we won’t tell!)
- 19 ounces of Garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup semi-sweet non-dairy chocolate chips
- 3 oz organic applesauce
- 2 oz chocolate protein powder
- 12 tablespoons egg whites
- Enlightened Ice Cream to accompany finished product!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your favorite muffin tin (we found this heart shaped mold and couldn’t pass it up!)
- In food processor, blend garbanzo beans, applesauce, protein, and egg whites. Process until smooth. Add sugar and baking powder, pulse to blend.
- Place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave for approx. two (2) minutes, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add melted chips to mixture. Transfer batter to muffin tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
What's your favorite Valentine's Day Treat? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long.