Obviously, we at ENLIGHTENED absolutely love ice cream sandwiches, so how excited were we when we saw this healthy recipe that uses WAFFLES instead of cookies?! (Very.)
It's really very simple. Start by picking your favorite flavor of ENLIGHTENED high protein, low calorie ice cream. We've chosen Sea Salt Caramel here to keep things simple.
After smearing on a dollop of rich, creamy peanut butter and added some slices of ripened banana, just grab a handful of chocolate chips and sprinkle it all over everything. Trust us, the mess is worth it. SO. GOOD.
Eating delicious, creamy, crunchy ice cream waffle sandwiches are such a wonderful afternoon snack with zero guilt!
- 2 toaster waffles
- ½ banana, sliced into medallions
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- 2 small scoops ENLIGHTENED Sea Salt Ice Cream
- Toast your waffles
- Spread peanut butter on one waffle, then sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Add banana medallion to the other waffle, then top with ice cream.
- Place the peanut butter waffle on top of the ice cream waffle, slice, then enjoy!
What are your favorite ingredients to combine with ice cream? Let us know and be sure to follow us here and on Instagram as we share tips for healthy living and healthy recipes all year long!