You can't have the holidays without cookies!
These classic sugar cookies are even great any time of year!
They actually look like giant Crisps!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Sea Salt Crisps, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, Crisps)
- Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl (butter, egg, milk)
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients with the dry just until combined
- Lay out a few sheets of wax paper, scoop some of the dough onto each sheet, then roll the dough (like sushi) into logs
- Refrigerate the logs at least 2 hours (or overnight)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Remove the dough from the fridge, the cut the logs into 1/4 inch cookies
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom
- Let cool completely, then frost and decorate!
Thanks Food Network for the great Sugar Cookie Recipe!