Luscious Bites of Creamy, Salty, Rich Pumpkin Pie
High in protein & Low in sugar
Do you want a bite?
Who knew making pie could be this healthy?
Ingredients:(makes 20 bites) For the "pumpkin pie":
- 4 oz Sea Salt Crisps
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, optional
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Add Crisps to a food processor or high-powered blender and pulse until they become a fine powder
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the Crisps and blend until combined (or mix with a spoon until combined)
- Line a tray or large plate with wax paper
- Roll the pumpkin pie mixture into small balls and place on the wax paper, refrigerate for one hour (or until cool and firm)
- When the balls are set, add the chocolate and coconut oil to a small sauce pan and melt over low heat just until combined
- For chocolate covered bites: One at a time, place each ball into the chocolate and roll around in using a spoon until it is fully covered in chocolate. Remove the bite with the spoon and place it back on the wax paper.
- For chocolate drizzled bites: Using a spoon, scoop up a small amount of chocolate and drizzle it over the bites (leaving them on the wax paper)
- Place the chocolate covered bites and chocolate drizzled bites back into the refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened (about 30 minutes)
- Refrigerate or freeze any extra bites (and be sure to share with your friends, if you don't eat them all first!!)